Head Coach, Retul Certified Bike Fitter
Daniel, Head Triathlon Coach, Retul Bike Fitter & Personal Trainer, graduated from Macquarie University in 2002 with a Bachelor of Medical Science. He has a detailed understanding of the body that extends to anatomy, biomechanics, energy production and hormone regulation within the body. Originally a medical research scientist, he now applies his extensive background knowledge to maximise the physical results an individual can achieve through exercise, nutrition and modern training principles.
Daniel is an accredited Retul bike fitter and is recognised as a bike fitting professional by the International Bike Fitting Institute (IBFI). He was the first Retul accredited bike fitter in Sydney and one of the first people in Australia trained to use the Retul Motion Capture Technology. He applies his in-depth understanding of biomechanics, functional anatomy and his unique attention to detail to all bike fittings he performs. For more information on his experience and qualifications as a bike fitter, please check out his accreditation.
Daniel is accredited as a level 2 High Performance Triathlon Coach by Triathlon Australia and has been a fully accredited personal trainer with Fitness Australia since 2006. His extensive experience includes working with people of all abilities, skill levels and unique needs. Clients have included beginners, Super 12 Rugby Players, Australian Wallabies, National Swimmers & Australian Triathletes.
Daniel has years of Triathlon Coaching, Triathlon Training and Triathlon Racing experience and understands the training, nutrition, recovery and performance requirements of endurance sports. Daniel’s athletic background includes;
- Multiple Australian Ironman Finisher
- Multiple Half Ironman finishes
- Olympic Distance Australian age group representative for World Championships in Vancouver 2008
- Selection for Sprint Distance Australian age group team for World Championships on the Gold Coast in 2009
- Countless sprint and Olympic distance races throughout Australia and overseas
Triathlon Coaching Positions held:
- Western Sydney Academy of Sport, Head Triathlon Coach, 2012 – Current
- Triathlon NSW Junior Performance Squad Coach, 2014
- Triathlon NSW Junior Development Squad, Assistant Triathlon Coach, 2011 – 2013
- Hills Triathlon Club, Affiliate Club Coach, 2008 – Current
- Onebody Triathlon Program, Head Coach, 2007 – Current
Daniel has successfully worked with clients to achieve results that include:
- Top 3 podium finishes at Ironman events
- Assisting multiple athletes achieve qualification for the Australian and Irish team for World Championships in both short and long course distances. His athletes’ results at Worlds have included top 10 finishes
- Core stability training for elite rugby union players, national swimmers, elite rally car drivers & Australian triathletes
- Personal best times over various endurance sports and distances
- Helped clients achieve significant weight loss
- Management and rehabilitation of chronic injuries including overuse injuries
- Increased fitness & strength for people of all ages & backgrounds
- Strength preparation prior to surgery and rehabilitation following surgery
- Correction of muscle dysfunction & return of muscle balance
Daniel is able to work with people of all levels and achieve results by teaching them how to train effectively using modern training techniques and principles.
Triathlon Coach, Personal Trainer
Jonathon (Jono) Rainey is an accredited Level 1 Triathlon Development Coach and certified Personal Trainer (Certificate IV in Fitness). He has over 30 years experience in Triathlon competing in Sprint to Ironman distance events.
Jono has a passion for making health & fitness an enjoyable and challenging experience for people new to exercising as well as providing a positive and creative environment for all.
Jono has a willingness to help and motivate others to develop and achieve fitness, sporting and healthy lifestyle goals.
He is a Master Personal Trainer and Challenge Champion from the Australian Institute of Fitness.
Jono’s athletic background includes:
- 30 years experience in Triathlon
- Multiple Ironman & 70.3 Ironman Finisher
- Multiple Marathon and Half Marathon Finisher
- Competitor in Adventure Races and Open Water Kayak Events
- Avid Football (soccer) fan
Triathlon Coach, Nutrition Consultant
Stephen Durant is an accredited Triathlon Coach with Triathlon Australia and holds certifications in Elite Sports Nutrition and TRX strength & conditioning. After being peer pressured into a sprint triathlon by his younger brother, he immediately became obsessed with this sport and has since worked to help others enjoy the sport and lifestyle. Stephen is passionate about nutrition and its use as a tool for athletes to optimise training, increase recovery and improve performance. He has a particular interest in whole food plant based nutrition and has spent time with leading nutrition educators and endurance athletes in the USA to further his understanding of nutrition and its role in enhancing human performance.
Stephen is a father of 3 young children and understands the needs of balancing a busy lifestyle with work, family and training.
As an athlete, Stephen has represented Australia several times and has raced internationally in short course triathlon. His experience also includes long course triathlons, Half Ironmans, Ultramarathons, and Endurance mountain biking events. When not coaching athletes, racing in Australian team kit or out training you can find him running around after his kids or seeking the void with a run on the local trails.
Stephen’s Athletic achievements include:
- Multiple Half Ironman finishes
- Sprint Distance Australian age group representative for ITU World Championships in Chicago 2015
- Olympic Distance Australian age group representative for ITU World Championships in Chicago 2015
- Olympic Distance Australian age group representative for ITU World Championships in Edmonton 2014
- Sprint & Olympic distance triathlon and Dualthon races throughout Australia and overseas
Cycle Coach, Bike Mechanic, NRS Rider
Ed is a member of the Onebody staff and plays an integral role in the cycling training of our athletes and members. Ed uses his years of experience and knowledge of cycling to design and run many of our indoor power cycling sessions. Ed is also our in house bike mechanic ensuring that all bikes are clean and fit for riding.
Ed currently rides with Wilson Racing’s National Road Series team – GPM Stulz and has achieved some great results which include recording the fastest time in the 2013 Nowra to Sassafras Handicap, bronze medal in the 2013 NSW Elite Road Championships, coming 2nd in Stage 4 of the Santos NorthWest Tour 2012 (NRS) and achieving KOM in the Grafton to Inverell Classic in 2013 (NRS). Ed has also represented his team at the National Road Championships against the best in the country such as Cadel Evans and Richie Porte.
Ed’s sporting history includes representing at club, state, national and international level in rowing with results that include National Champion, Event and Course Records, 1st in Fawley Cup UK in U19’s mens squad, member of the NSW Rowing Team as an U21 as well as opens and elite. Ed has also represented Australia in Rowing World Championships in the U23’s age group and has claimed 7 national titles in 3 boat classes at National Championships.
Ed’s cycling knowledge and experience proves to be a great addition to the team as well as a coach for many of our cyclists.