School Holiday Junior Triathlon Clinic
Our Junior Triathlon clinics are designed to help your child experience the sport of triathlon through a professionally designed 1 day clinic that provides a fun, active and rewarding environment! Your child does not have to have previous triathlon experience as our program is designed to cater for the needs of first timers right through to dedicated junior triathletes.
We encourage your child to have fun and become more confident in the pool, on their bike and while they run.
All activities will be conducted in a safe and fun environment with the focus on teaching and improving your child’s confidence and ability in all three disciplines of Triathlon.
We have multiple coaches on hand to ensure we can help each child throughout each session.
- A focus on freestyle and open water swimming techniques such as drafting, turning and sighting.
- Bike Skills such as using gears, braking, general bike safety.
- Run skills such as ideal technique and posture together with a focus on learning to understand pacing the run during a race.
We also focus on teaching specific Triathlon skills such as:
- How to organise their transition area effectively – tips and traps.
- Ways to mount and dismount their bikes faster and efficiently an feel like a pro!
We design our program to include lots of fun games to let the kids practice, fine tune and reinforce their skills without them even noticing!
Cost and Registration?
Please refer to the booking form below for cost, dates and times of our next clinic. If you have any questions, please contact us. We look forward to meeting you soon!
Frequently asked Questions
How old does my child need to be?
There is no specific age requirement although we design our clinics with children aged 10 – 18 years in mind. If your child is outside of this age range yet you feel they would benefit from the clinic, please contact us.
What level of ability should my child be at?
We teach the kids lots of new skills, but to get the most out of the clinic we recommend that your child should be able to do the following:
- Ride their bike in a straight line without training wheels or assistance.
- Run 100-200 metres continuously.
- Swim at least 100 meters freestyle continuously and be comfortable being in close proximity with other swimmers.
BUT in all these recommendations, speed isn’t a factor!
Duty of Care & Accreditation
All of our coaches have current First Aid certificates and working with children checks.
Each clinic will have a least one if not more coaches whom are accredited coaches with Triathlon Australia.
If you have any concerns or things that need to be catered for, please contact us prior to booking to speak about how we may be able to help.
What will my child need to bring?
- Any style of bike in safe working condition + spare tube.
- Bike shoes (if applicable).
- Swimming costumes.
- Swimming goggles.
- Sun Screen.
- Snacks (fruit will be provided).
- Water bottle.
All participants will be required to complete a health and indemnity form prior to participating.
Don't Be Shy. Get In Touch.
If you are interested in working together, send us an inquiry and we will get back to you as soon as we can!