Our Lifestyle Program service is aimed at helping individuals improve the management of their chronic condition via the use of regular exercise.
Examples of chronic conditions can include:
- Cardiac conditions such as chronic heart failure, heart arrhythmias or peripheral arterial disease
- Musculoskeletal conditions such as arthritis, osteoporosis
- Metabolic Conditions such as diabetes and metabolic syndrome
- Neurological conditions such as stroke
- Pulmonary conditions such as asthma & COPD.
Numerous research findings have highlighted the benefits of regular exercise with relation to better management of chronic conditions. Our Exercise Physiologist provides an easy and systematic approach to help you achieve your goals by designing a tailored exercise program to suit your goals and the nature of your chronic condition.
Our AEP can help:
- Improve management of chronic conditions via the reduction in risk factors that include: Blood pressure, cholesterol and sugar levels.
- Improve general health and activity levels through professionally and planned supervised exercise programs
- Reduce pain and improve quality of life
- Improve functional mobility and independence
- Improve balance and reduce the risk of falls
- Rehabilitate and improve general muscular strength
- Provide strength rehabilitation for ankle and foot pathologies
Not only can a tailored and individualised exercise program help in the above parameters, but our Accredited Exercise Physiologists can design different exercise programs that target:
- Weight management
- Lifestyle Education
- Injury Rehabilitation
- Improvements in mood and self-confidence
*Our Lifestyle Program is open to a medicare referral. Call us to confirm your eligibility
Step 1: Pre Exercise Screening & Interview
First step during your Lifestyle Program consultation in our Castle Hill studio is to do Health Screening of the patient. Our Health Screening Highlights:
- Previous health History
- Risk Stratification to make sure exercise can be conducted in a safe manner
- Previous and Current Exercise History
- What your goals are
Step 2: Exercise Assessment
Next step during your Lifestyle Program consultation is to undertake an exercise assessment to identify:
- Current exercise levels
- Where the exercise prescription needs to be focused on to help you achieve your overall goal
- Any pain associated during exercise
- Any musculoskeletal issues that may be exacerbated by exercise.
Step 3: Exercise Program
Next step during your Lifestyle Program consultation is to design you an exercise program that you will perform under the guidance of our Accredited Exercise Physiologist. This will highlight:
- What type of exercise e.g. aerobic, resistance training, flexibility
- How often to perform each exercise with a detailed description of posture and muscles used during the particular exercise
- How often to perform the exercise program during the week
- Technique and correct muscles are used during the exercises
- What intensity/resistance is optimal for you to perform the particular exercise
- You are confident in performing the program
Step 4: Booking in a follow up consult
Next step during your Lifestyle Program consultation is to book another appointment in with our Accredited Exercise Physiologist to make sure you are ticking all the right boxes to help you achieve your exercising goals.
In this appointment, we assess your progression and adjust your exercise program accordingly.
See below to book a referral with our Accredited Exercise Physiologist in Castle Hill.