Run Technique Analysis
An athlete’s ‘run style’ plays an integral role in running efficiency, performance and prevention of injury. Here at Onebody Health & Fitness, Our Accredited Exercise Physiologist performs our run technique assessment thats provides a comprehensive breakdown of your running biomechanics. Our run technique assessment utilises video analysis for visual feedback to provide step-by-step breakdown of your run technique. As part our of run technique assessment, we provide specific run drills to help you better optimize your technique and also provide specific strength exercises to help improve your running efficiency and prevention of injury.
When should I get a running assessment?
Running Assessments can be performed for a variety of reasons including:
- Coming back from injury
- Reducing the risk of injury
- Returning from an extended lay-off
- In preparation for an event to make sure you are efficient as possible
- To make your running experience fun and enjoyable
Step 1: Interview
First step during your running technique assessment in castle hill is to perform an in-depth pre-screening interview of the runner. This screening highlights:
- Running history
- Any injuries that have developed due to running
- Current racing distances
- Current training volume
- What are your goals
Step 2: Musculoskeletal Assessment
Next step during your running technique assessment in castle hill is to perform an in-depth musculoskeletal screening. This helps identify:
- Current running patterns based on landing patterns of the shoe
- Flexibility of the lower limbs including joints and lower limb musculature
- Muscular dysfunctions & dominance/weakness of important muscle groups used during running
- Core stability and strength
Step 3: Running Assessment & Feedback
Next step during your running technique assessment in castle hill is to perform the running assessment with live feedback. This highlights:
- Current running style
- Use of video feedback to provide you with more information of your current running biomechanics
- Use of running drills to help you improve your current running style
- Getting you to perform these running drills so that you can practice these during your running sessions
Step 4: Strength Program
The next step during your running technique assessment is to design you a tailored strength program to further assist you in improving your efficiency and running performance. The strength program will target:
- Weakness and tight joints highlighted during the musculoskeletal assessment to help improve your running efficiency and performance
- Particular phases of the running action that can be further developed through specific strength exercises
- Injury prevention
Step 5: Booking in a follow up consult
Next step during your running technique assessment is to book another appointment to make sure you are ticking all the right boxes to help you achieve your running goals.
In this appointment, we:
- Provide feedback on running movements, posture and positioning
- Re-visit running drills and ensure they are done with the right technique
- Provide further running drills with a higher focus on correct muscular recruitment
- Assess how your strength program is going and provide adjustments accordingly
See below to book an assessment.
Don't Be Shy. Get In Touch.
If you are interested in working together, send us an inquiry and we will get back to you as soon as we can!