Strength, Conditioning & Mobility Training
Strength & Conditioning and Mobility Training are an essential part of any athlete’s development to help them achieve optimal sporting performance. Here at Onebody Health & Fitness, we provide professionally planned and supervised Strength Training services to athletes that are looking at improving their sporting performance. Each athlete’s program is individually designed to meet their specific needs
What does the research say?
Greater muscular strength & mobility has been associated with improvements in:
- Rate of force development
- External mechanical power (greater ability to utilise multiple of joints of the same limb during a particular movement)
- General skill performance e.g. jumping, sprinting and changes of direction
- Reduced injury rates
There are also numerous research papers showing the benefits of regular Strength Training on sporting performance. These include:
- Core Strength & Stability
- Muscular Strength
- Improved Range of Motion
- Injury prevention, management and rehabilitation
What are the benefits of Strength & Conditioning for an Athlete?
Here at Onebody Health & Fitness, we analyse your specific movement patterns that are encountered during your sport along with specific muscle that are being used to design you a specific Strength Training program. The benefits of a customised Strength Training program include:
- Greater ability to generate strength and power during a particular movement
- Improved mobility and flexibility
- Greater endurance capabilities
- Improved conditioning so that you can maintain a high level of performance during the season
- Improved effectiveness of pre-season programs
- Improved self-confidence
Strength & Conditioning to improve Glute & Hamstring strength
Mobility Exercise to Improve Thoracic Rotation
Don't Be Shy. Get In Touch.
If you are interested in working together, send us an inquiry and we will get back to you as soon as we can!