Custom Bike Build Projects
Custom Bike Build Projects
Often there isn’t a perfectly spec’d, nice fitting bike with all the components you may want right on the shop floor. Maybe the cranks are too long, maybe you need a power meter, different width bars, changes to stem and seatpost, as well as saddle options.
We offer a full custom bike building service to help you create your dream bike, made to match your Bike Fit requirements and budget. We are a supplier of road bikes, time trial & triathlon bikes as well as gravel bike frames from Parlee, Argon 18, Colnago, Litespeed, and Quintana Roo. We are happy to work with any other brand if you have a preference, we can help you source something, or you can source your own frame and components.
Frame Selection Bike Fit
Our frame selection service is for cyclists & triathletes that are comfortable with their existing bike position and want to ensure that their new bike frame will be the right frame geometry and size to match their existing fit position.
We are impartial to all bike brands on the market so we can ensure that you are selecting the right size frame and have the confidence to purchase your bike from any local bike shop or via a huge range of bike models and frame sizes available online.
Our frame finder selection service, includes:
- A comprehensive bike geometry report with the details of your existing fit position measuring all the key contact points from the Retul software.
- The frame selection report that provides details of which brands and model frames are suitable, and the accessories that you will need for each one to achieve your existing fit position. These include:
- Saddle Type
- Saddle Height
- Saddle Setback
- Saddle to handlebar drop
- Saddle to handlebar reach
- Seatpost Offset
- Stem Length
- Stem Angle
- Spacer Height
A simplified bike frame finder report for the bike shop that makes it very easy for them to set up your bike when you purchase it.
Our frame selection reports are shown in images below.
Our custom build process starts with a Frame Selection Bike Fit to ensure we start with the bike you have in mind and can optimise the fit before a single cut is made to the steerer or seatpost. For those customer that are super comfortable on their bikes, or have had a fit with us before, we offer a Frame Selection Service to determine the options that will suit you best.
We help select all the options when choosing the bike components.
- Choose your frame brand, style and colour
- Look at cockpit options, such as handlebar, stem & seatpost combinations from Parlee, Zipp, ENVE, 3T, Deda & Profile Design.
- Choose a groupset, be it rim or disc brake, mechanical cable or electronic shifting.
- Add power meters from Quarq, Pioneer, Garmin, Power2Max and Rotor.
- One of the most impressive choices is wheels, with the full range of Zipp, Fulcrum, HED, Profile Design and Reynolds available. Anything from a rear disc wheel for maximum speed and minimal drag on the TT bike down to superlight carbon wheels to whip up the steepest climbs.
- Add some smooth ceramic bottom bracket components from the likes of Chris King and CeramicSpeed, then waxed chain options from CeramicSpeed and Wend, with the ability to add lots of colour and flair.
- Finishing touches with bottle cages and bar tape are then offered from innovative companies like Supacaz with colours and designs to suit many styles from the subtle to the striking.
We have access to supply all the parts you need and are indifferent whether you bring in your own parts to install or you order in components through our store. We’ll just charge at an hourly rate as some bike builds take much longer than others.
We have the tools and knowledge to make your new road, gravel or TT set up as neat, minimal, or as aero as possible. If you have any questions with pricing or compatibility or just want some ideas of what’s possible within your budget or how big you can dream, please send us an email or call us in the studio.