What to expect from your cycling coach
As an athlete, you can expect your cycling coach to deliver a training program and training structure that is designed to suit you as an individual and your goals. Our professional coaches will provide you with your daily training sessions and oversee your long term training development. You can expect your coach to:
- Prepare your individual session content tailored to your needs
- Provide you with downloadable training files for your Wahoo Kickr or Computrainer (eg TrainerRoad)
- Provide feedback and analysis of key training sessions
- Modify your training program when required
- Assist you to prepare race strategies
- Analyse and discuss your results following races
- Recommend and propose race nutrition schedules
- Provide advice and help plan proposed race schedules for the season
- Respond to your emails promptly within 1-2 working days
- Provide basic advice on equipment and products
- Refer you to recommended health professionals when required
Email is the easiest, quickest and most convenient way to communicate with your coach and it allows them to respond quickly to your questions. You can expect your coach to respond to emails within 1-2 working days. Email is the best way to communicate the majority of your questions and for your coach to provide feedback.
Your coach will arrange a convenient time to catch up via the phone to discuss your training program and discuss your training and racing progress. Phone calls are best arranged when preparing for major races and to discuss your training progress.
Training Program Modifications
Training programs are prepared once the coach understands the availability of the athlete during a training block. In general, your online training program will be written 2-4 weeks in advance and modifications are only required in the event of injury or illness.
What we expect from our Athletes
Our coaches put a lot of time and effort into ensuring that you have the best training programs to support you and reach your goals and your long term potential. For us to provide you with the best coaching service, there are some basic expectations that we have from our athletes. For our online athletes as well as our local athletes, we rely on being provided with regular feedback and updates on your progress. To help your coach being able to monitor and provide you with feedback, please ensure that you regularly.
- Provide your coach with your availability and work / family commitments prior to their training program being prepared. Please email your coach if your training circumstances change (work hours, holidays etc) and the dates of the races you have booked.
- Ask your coach if you do not understand any of the session content
- Upload your training data to TrainingPeaks
- Write brief training comments after each session in TrainingPeaks
Communication is the key to a good coaching relationship. We expect all our athletes to actively communicate with their coach regularly via phone and email. The best results are gained when both the coach and athlete work together with the athlete providing regular honest feedback