Musculoskeletal Assessment & Injury Screenings
Our Musculoskeletal Assessments & Injury Screenings help athletes of all abilities improve their performance by highlighting biomechanical structures that may be compromised during particular sporting patterns and movements.
What are the benefits of a musculoskeletal assessment?
- Establishing baseline data to track physical changes over time
- Highlights possible injury risk factors
- Provides valuable information in which structures are tight, overactive/underactive or weak
- Provides you with important information regarding which movements might be prone to injury
- Makes the strength program highly tailored and customized towards you
- Increases the effectiveness of your pre-season program
- Determine initial training loads if you are new to the sport or looking at starting a training program
Step 1: Interview
First step during our musculoskeletal assessment in castle hill is to perform an in-depth pre-screening interview of the athlete. This screening highlights:
- Sporting history
- Any injuries you have incurred during your time playing the sport
- Any pain or identified weakness when performing a particular movement during your sport
- Current training and playing load
- What are your goals
Step 2: Musculoskeletal Assessment & Feedback
The next step during our musculoskeletal assessment in castle hill is to perform an in-depth musculoskeletal screening of the athlete. This helps identify:
- Overactive/underactive, weak or tight joints or muscle groups that may lead to an increased risk of injury
- Important movement patterns in your sport
- Particular movements that may increase the risk of injury if inadequate flexibility and strength are not present
- What your biomechanical features are like and where we can improve
- Previous injuries e.g. biomechanical differences between limbs, opposing muscular strength in a particular joint and joint actions
Step 3: Strength Program
The next step during our musculoskeletal assessment in castle hill is to design you a tailored strength program to further assist you in improving your biomechanics. The strength program will target:
- Muscular deficiencies and tight joints highlighted during the musculoskeletal assessment
- Injury prevention
- Specific movements encountered in your sport
Step 4: Booking in a follow up consult
Next step during the Musculoskeletal Assessment is to book another appointment to make sure you are ticking all the right boxes to help you achieve your athletic goals.
In this appointment, we assess your progression and adjust your strength program accordingly.
See below to book a session.
Don't Be Shy. Get In Touch.
If you are interested in working together, send us an inquiry and we will get back to you as soon as we can!