Onebody is the leading Triathlon squad in Australia. Our training facilities and professional coaching team provide the ideal training environment to support triathletes regardless of whether they are new to the sport or experienced triathletes. We have multiple sessions every day so that our members can develop their own training structure that suits their needs. All sessions provide multiple coaches so that we can provide training sessions and skill development sessions that are appropriate for you. Our triathlon training squad is based in Castle Hill and the surrounding suburbs of the Hills district in Sydney.
Our weekly training program for our triathlon squad includes
- Swim Squads
- Indoor Cycle Sessions
- Track Running Sessions
- Strength & Mobility Sessions
- Brick Sessions (Bike / Run)
Our indoor training facility in Castle Hill is where provide our indoor cycling sessions, strength & mobility sessions, personal training, bicycle servicing and where you can sit down and chat to your coaches. It is also where we provide our technical services such as retul bike fitting, individual coaching programs, functional movement assessments and any of our private testing or or technical analysis. Our indoor training centre and triathlon coaches leads the way in professionalism for everything a triathlete needs to support their training.
We provide multiple membership levels to attend our Triathlon squad sessions and welcome people of all abilities to get started in the sport in a safe, friendly and supportive environment. For general information about each of our training sessions available, please see the expanded details below.
For more information about what we do for junior athletes, please see our Junior Development Program
Onebody Swim Squads cater for all swimming abilities from beginners to elite and are focused on freestyle and triathlon specific training. The swim squads are run every Monday, Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday and feature a high focus on freestyle technique, efficiency and stroke correction. The sessions are operated indoors within the modern indoor heated pool at the Aquatic Safety Training Academy in Seven Hills. What to expect
- A high focus on freestyle technique to help you improve
- Multiple coaches and multiple swim sets to suit your ability
- Swimming with people of a similar swim ability to maximise your training quality
Have a look at the swim squads page for more details.
Stroke Correction Clinic
Swimming is the most technical of the sports involved in Triathlon. Unlike cycling and running, the largest gains in swim speed occur through learning efficient movements in the water and reducing the drag created by your body. These freestyle stroke sessions are a great opportunity to analyse your swim stroke, correct your movements and improve your swimming efficiency. Check the stroke correction page to see more detail and book into the next session.
Indoor Power Cycle
Our indoor cycling sessions provide allow our members to to use their own bike and our state of the art power based indoor cycling system for the most specific training option available. We use a multirider system of computrainers combined with the latest software to provide you with power based resistance at the optimal level to improve your performance. We provide multiple sessions on most mornings and evenings of the week. When it rains – we provide even more so our members never miss their training!
What to expect:
- A training session that delivers power based intervals that matches your power profile and ability level
- Your data displayed on the screen in real time including power, cadence, HR and advanced power metrics
- Large HD screens and the latest in cycling / triathlon & sports entertainment to watch during sessions
Have a look at the power cycle page for more details
Track running & run technique sessions are run every Tuesday night. The session allows people to focus on improving their run technique under the watchful eye of our coaches while also participating in a training session that suits their current ability and time of the race season. What to expect:
- A high focus on run technique
- Guided running drills to learn and improve run biomechanics
- A track running session with a length and intensity ability and goals
- People of similar ability to run with to help you train
A brick session is a triathlon training session where you alternate between cycling and running. It’s a particularly effective method of training, because it prepares your body for the specific race-day rigours of a triathlon. Brick sessions are run every Sunday morning at Parramatta Park. Sessions focus on:
- Increasing cycling speed, endurance and efficiency
- Increasing running speed, endurance and efficiency
- Practicing bike to run transitions for triathletes
Our Sunday brick sessions have multiple coaches and this allow us to run skill sessions during the year to help our athletes improve their skills and knowledge in cycling, running and triathlon in general.
We understand that maintaining sound fundamental movement patterns are the basis for injury prevention and sporting performance. We run multiple strength and mobility classes each week to compliment the training that our members do in swim / bike / run. What to expect:
- Guided mobility exercises to improve your functional range of motion
- Guided strength and stability exercises to improve your sports specific strength and prevent your chance of injury
- Learning which exercises improve your movement patterns that you can do at home
- A supportive environment that encourages improvement for all abilities.